The COA (Council of Architecture) released the NATA exam pattern 2024 on its official website. The NATA examination pattern demonstrates question paper structure, total No. Of Questions, marking scheme, total marks, and other important aspects of the entrance examinations.
The NATA pattern was revised the previous year, and the entrance exam was conducted in a computer-based mode. A similar pattern will be followed for the NATA Exam 2024. Here are some essential details of the NATA examination pattern you should know:
The Marking Scheme NATA 2024
The question type and weightage have great significance in the marking scheme. The NATA paper comprises one-mark, two-mark, and three-mark questions. At the same time, the COA does not underline the No of questions under every section. The NATA exam syllabus 2024 is covered by 125 questions of 200 marks, while there are no negative markings for every wrong answer.
NATA Exam Syllabus
The NATA Entrance 2024 exams assess the candidate’s general aptitude, drawing skills, mathematical abilities, and other assessment factors. The NATA syllabus comprises the following topics:
• Colour Theory
• Physics and Geometry
• Aesthetic Sensitivity
• General Knowledge and current affairs
• Visual Perception and cognition
• Building Anatomy and Architectural Vocabulary
• Basic Techniques of Building Construction and Knowledge of Material
• Language and Interpretation
NATA Exam Procedure for Students With Identical Scores
Oftentimes, there are cases of students having the same scores, in such situation the authorities will decide which candidate will be considered for admission based on the following criteria:
• The candidate with the higher marks in mathematics
• The candidate with fewer wrong answers in the maths section
• If the marks are still the same, the marks scored in the Aptitude test are considered.
• The older candidate is considered
• The candidate with lesser wrong answers in the Aptitude Test is considered.
In the Aptitude Test, marks are rewarded based on the correct answers. As per the COA notification, the NATA results are valid for only admission sessions in 2024. Before applying for NATA Admission 2024, consider the critical highlights:
• According to the new NATA pattern, there will be only one section.
• The 2024 question paper drawing section will be removed.
• There will be multiple-choice, preferential choice, multiple select type, and numerical answers questions.
• There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
• The entrance exam will be conducted only in English language.
The NATA exam is one of the toughest and most challenging entrances that gives students an equal opportunity for admission to the most prestigious Architectural institutes. Some top NATA Classes in India can help students with the proper guidance and direction.
BRDS is one of the best NATA institutes that has helped thousands of students live their dream of becoming successful architects by applying to the best architecture colleges in India. To know more about BRDS NATA coaching, call us today.