JEE Main 2022
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main is an all-India engineering entrance examination conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). It is the largest and most popular engineering entrance exam in India. The exam is held twice a year, in January and April. JEE Main is the gateway to getting admission into various undergraduate engineering and architecture courses offered by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs). BRDS is the leading coaching institute in India that offers the JEE Main coaching in India. We have experienced alumni of JEE Main.
The JEE Main exam consists of two papers – Paper 1 is for admission to B.E./B.Tech courses and Paper 2 are for admission to B.Arch/B.Planning courses. Candidates can attempt either one or both JEE Main Paper, depending on the courses they wish to apply for. The exam is conducted in offline (pen-and-paper) mode as well as online (computer-based) mode.
JEE Main 2023 will be held in April and May. The application process is expected to start in 2023. Candidates can find all the latest updates about JEE Main 2022 Exam Date here on this page.
To crack JEE Main, it is important to have a strong understanding of the syllabus and pattern of the examination. Aspirants must also focus on building up their problem-solving skills and speed. Furthermore, regular practice and mock tests are essential to success in this exam.
JEE Main 2022 Admit Card
The JEE Main 2022 admit card will be released by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on its official website. Candidates who have successfully completed the registration process will be able to download their admit cards. The admit card is an important document that must be carried on the day of the exam, as it will contain important information such as the exam centre and timings.
Candidates are advised to carefully check all the details mentioned on the admit card before downloading it. In case of any discrepancies, they should contact the NTA immediately. They must also bring along a valid photo ID proof (such as Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License, etc.) along with the admit card to the exam centre for verification purposes.
JEE Main 2022 Registration Form
The application form for JEE Main 2022 will be released in the month of April 2022. The candidates who wish to appear for the entrance examination will have to register themselves online on the official website of NTA. The registration process will be conducted in two phases- I and II. Candidates must note that they will have to register separately for each phase.
The JEE Main 2022 Dates are given below:
- Events Important Dates 2022 (Announced)
- 1st Session 2nd Session
- Release of Notification: 1st March 2022
- Starting of the Registration process: 1st March 2022, May 2022
- End of registration: 5th April 2022, June 2022
- Last date of fee payment: 5th April 2022, June 2022
- Application Correction: 6th to 8th April 2022 –
- Registration re-opened: 18th to 25th April 2022 –
- Exam City announcement: May 2022, June 2022
- Release of Admit card: May/ June 2022, June/ July 2022
- JEE Main 2022 Exam 1st Session: 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th & 29th June 2022
- 2nd Session: 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th & 30th July 2022
- Display of Answer key: June/ July 2022, July/ August 2022
- Declaration of Result: July 2022, August 2022
- Counseling process starts: August 2022
The application fee for JEE Main is given below:
Category Application Fee General candidates INR 1300/- EWS/OBC (NCL) candidates INR 650/- SC/ST/PwD candidates INR 650/-
Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid online through credit card, debit card, or net banking.
JEE Main 2023 Admit Card
The JEE Main 2023 Admit Card will be released by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on the official website. Candidates who have successfully completed the registration process will be able to download their admit cards by entering their registration details. It is important to note that the admit card will not be sent to candidates by post or email. Candidates must bring a printout of the admit card to the exam hall on the day of the exam, along with a valid photo ID proof. The admit card will contain important information such as the candidate’s name, photograph, signature, examination centre details, and timings. Candidates are advised to check all the details mentioned on their admit card carefully and to contact the NTA in case of any discrepancies.
The JEE Main 2023 examination is scheduled to be held from May/June 2023. Candidates who wish to appear for the exam must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the NTA. The admit card will be a mandatory document required for candidates to be able to sit for the exam, and hence it is important that candidates keep a close track of the release date and download their card as soon as it is made available on the website.
JEE Main 2023 Application Correction
The JEE Main 2023 Application Correction process will begin after the release of the official notification. Candidates who have made mistakes in their application form will be able to make corrections through the official website. The correction window will be open for a limited period of time and candidates are advised to make all the necessary changes within that time frame. After the correction window is closed, no further changes will be allowed.
Candidates must note that only certain fields in the application form can be edited during the correction process. They must carefully check all the details before making any changes. Any incorrect information provided in the application form can lead to disqualification from the examination.
The steps to make corrections in the JEE Main 2023 Application Form are given below:
- Visit the official website of JEE Main.
- Click on the ‘Application Correction’ link.
- Enter your application number and password to login.
- Make all the necessary changes in the application form.
- Recheck all the details before submitting the form.
- Take a printout of the corrected application form for future reference.
Candidates must make sure that they provide all the correct information in the application form as any wrong detail can lead to disqualification from the examination. The JEE Main 2023 Application Correction process is just a one-time opportunity for candidates to make changes to their application forms. Therefore, they must make use of it wisely.
JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The JEE Main eligibility criteria for 2022 have been announced by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Aspirants who wish to appear for the engineering entrance examination must ensure that they satisfy the minimum eligibility requirements.
Age Limit: Candidates must be at least 17 years of age on or before December 31, 2022. There is no upper age limit to apply for JEE Main.
Qualification: Aspirants must have cleared Class 12th or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, along with one of Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subjects. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 45% marks (40% in the case of reserved category candidates) in the qualifying examination.
Eligibility for JEE Advanced: Candidates who qualify for JEE Main with the required marks will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced. To be eligible for JEE Advanced 2022, candidates must rank within the top 2,50,000 (including all categories) in Paper-1 of JEE Main 2022.
Candidates belonging to the reserved categories must ensure that they meet the relaxed criteria specified by the government. JEE Main exam is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to various engineering courses offered by NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs. The JEE Main question paper consists of 90 objective-type questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Candidates have to attempt any 75 questions in the examination. There is a negative marking for wrong answers in JEE Main.
JEE Main 2022 Exam Pattern
The JEE Main Paper 2022 Pattern will be released by NTA soon. Candidates can check the detailed JEE Main Question Paper Pattern here:
- The JEE Main 2022 Question Paper will be divided into three sections – Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Each section will contain 30 objective-type questions.
- Candidates have to attempt any 75 questions in the examination.
- There is a negative marking for wrong answers in JEE Main.
- Candidates will be awarded 4 marks for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- The total duration of the examination will be 3 hours.
- The medium of the examination will be English and Hindi.
- Candidates can attempt the JEE Main examination either in offline mode or online mode.
- The JEE Main 2022 Question Paper will be available in both Hindi and English languages.
- Candidates will have to mark their responses on an OMR sheet in offline mode and on a computer screen in online mode.
From the above information, it is clear that the JEE Main 2022 Exam Pattern will consist of objective-type questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The total duration of the examination will be 3 hours and there will be negative marking for wrong answers. Candidates can attempt the examination either in offline mode or online mode.
JEE Main Preparation Tips
As you start preparing for JEE Main 2022, one of the most important things to keep in mind is the question paper pattern. In order to score well in the exam, it is essential that you are familiar with the types of questions that are asked and the overall structure of the paper.
Here are some tips to help you prepare for the JEE Main question paper:
- Firstly, make sure that you are clear about the syllabus and pattern of the exam. You can find this information on the official website of JEE Main.
- Once you are familiar with the syllabus, start solving sample papers and previous year’s question papers. This will give you a good idea about the types of questions that are asked in the exam.
- While solving the question papers, pay attention to the time limit and try to solve the paper within the allotted time. This will help you improve your speed and accuracy.
- Finally, make sure you revise all the topics before the exam so that you are able to recall everything on the day of the exam.
By following these tips, you will be able to ace the JEE Main exam.