How to Get Admission in Architecture Colleges through NATA
NATA is the main entrance exam for all the students who want to pursue their degree in B. Arch program. So after the examination, the NATA score is calculated and the students are called for counselling after which they get their college based on their score. So in this article, we will be guiding you stepwise through the process of admission in architectural colleges through NATA.
The NATA counselling is usually done for shortlisting the candidates to offer admission in the B. Arch in the top and the best architectural institutes of India. The state universities and colleges offer admission in the degree course after conducting their counselling based on the NATA scores. All the eligible candidates who scored the minimum qualifying marks in the National Aptitude Test for Architecture or NATA are only eligible to participate in the NATA counselling. There are over 400 institutes all over India who offer admission in the B. Arch course based on the NATA scores.
- The CoA or the Council of Architecture will not be holding any common counselling and they are only responsible for conducting the NATA exam.
- Each of the participating institutes will conduct their counselling based on the NATA scores for admission.
- All the institutes will have their counselling procedures and the eligible candidates have to visit the institute’s official website to know about their counselling process.
What is the eligibility for NATA counselling?
All the candidates who have successfully qualified the NATA exam will be eligible to participate in the NATA counselling. The candidate needs to score the minimum qualifying marks in the NATA exam. The minimum qualifying marks is 50 out of 200.
The NATA Counselling Procedure
The candidate needs to participate in the NATA counselling process for getting admission in their preferred college or university.
- While counselling, a candidate needs to register and fill the choice of seats.
- The candidate must carry his or her class 10th and class 12th mark sheets along with the NATA score card for verification and documentation.
- Some additional documents like the birth certificate or the caste certificate are also required at the counselling centre.
The candidate is supposed to report at the allocated institute with all the necessary documents mentioned above on the specific date mentioned in the college’s official website.
Admission to different institutes through NATA
- The candidate must remember that just appearing for the NATA exam and obtaining a valid score card does not entitle him to be admitted to any college. Every college has its own set of rules and cut off marks which the candidate has to obtain to get admission.
- The candidate has to obtain qualifying marks in NATA as well as in his boards. The total score would be calculated as 50% marks in boards with mathematics 50% in NATA.
- The NATA score is only valid if the candidate scores 25% that is 50 out of 200 in NATA.
Some other documents that are required
- Medical certificate for PWD
- Residence certificate
- 3-4 passport size photograph.
- Transfer certificate from the last institute.
If you want a perfect score in NATA and want to secure a seat in one of the best architectural colleges in India, then you must visit the BRDS. The institute is the highest result producer and is known to be the best institute for NATA training. For more details, you can visit the website https://brdsindia.com/.